Friday, July 19, 2013

Monochrome Polka Dots

Despite being such a simple pattern, I love how polka dots can produce such a cute look whether they are on clothes or nails, or even home decor! I'm a big fan of them so it was no surprise when I decided to include these dots on my nails.


In a way, my nails were inspired by this polka dot top I picked up from HK's Forever 21 that I am wearing as I couldn't decide on what polish colours to use. I can be an extremely indecisive person at times and in this instance there were just so many different colour combinations I could choose from for this manicure! In the end I went with black and white like my shirt, as I had worn it out recently.



I used black (Lovely me:ex BK901) and white (Lovely me:ex WH002) polishes from The Face Shop's Lovely me:ex nail polish collection and a dotting tool to create the dots. For those of you who don't own dotting tools, bobby pins are awesome alternatives too! Unfortunately, when I went over my nails with a top coat, the black polish smudged a little and that resulted in that black streak on my middle finger. :(

Aside from the black polish smudging, I really liked how this mani turned out and love how it was so simple and easy to achieve!



- - -
bloglovin' - twitter - instagram