Monday, July 29, 2013

China Bar Signature

Just a quick post on my visit to the Exhibition St branch of the China Bar Signature Buffet last week.

I had a "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" offer so after my friend and I split the bill, I paid $16.50 instead of the normal $33 for lunch on a Friday.

Unfortunately, I didn't end up with any photos of the buffet food. I went in thinking "eat first, photos later" and I'm kicking myself for not realising that they would stop bringing out new food in the last hour before lunch ended. By the time I went on my last round with my camera, pretty much all the food was almost gone.


The food however, was great! I tried a little bit of everything and enjoyed most things.


Pictured above are tempura prawn and salmon sushi, pan fried dumplings and fried wonton dumplings with red vinegar sauce. This was the last round of food I had and were all second servings of a few foods I liked most out of the range available.


More dumplings, this time "Yum Cha" style.

There were a lot of dumpling dishes to choose from, as well as a large variety of sushi (salmon, tempura, avocado and chicken), Asian style roasted meat (chicken, pork and duck), seafood dishes, soups, fried food, stir fry dishes, and the regular all you can eat buffet salad bar.


This chocolate fountain was my highlight of the desserts and I had a lot of fun making (and eating) my creation! In my opinion, the desserts available (the cakes, mousse, etc.) were not as good as I expected and aside from a slice of Tiramisu, I didn't even finish half of the other desserts I tried.


Again, apologies for the lack of photos. I did enjoy my experience at China Bar and I would consider dining there again- despite the high prices. It was definitely a very nice way to end my semester break, as all my classes will officially commence again this week.

China Bar Signature on Urbanspoon
- - -
bloglovin' - twitter - instagram