Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Alanna Renee - 'Fawkes' and 'Golden Snitch'

I have grown up reading and watching the Harry Potter series and I was quite sad when all 8 films were officially completed. When I found out that Alanna had a nail polish collection that was inspired by the HP books and movies, well... let's just say that I was pretty excited!

The Magical World collection from the polish brand Alanna Renee was recently released in April 2013, and like I mentioned above, it is inspired by the Harry Potter series. There is a total of 12 glitter polishes and they all have formulas that are Toluene, Formaldehyde and DBP Free (3-free).

Today I have two gorgeous polishes from the Magical World collection to show to you, Fawkes and Golden Snitch.

- - - 

Fawkes consists of multi sized red and gold glitters in a red jelly base. Unfortunately, my camera wasn't able capture the full effect of this polish because it is seriously very sparkly! *-* It is inspired by Dumbledore's pet pheonix called Fawkes who has red and gold feathers. I've used three coats with one layer of topcoat.



Golden Snitch has a clear base that is packed with different sized gold glitters. Like Fawkes, Golden snitch is also an extremely sparkly and shiny polish.. it's gorgeous! As the name suggests, it is inspired by the 'golden snitch' which is a tiny golden flying ball that must be caught in a game of Quiddich for a team to win. I've used three coats with a topcoat in these photos.


So shiny!!

Alanna Renee - Golden Snitch and Fawkes


I found that both of these glitter polishes had very consistent formulas and were super easy to apply. They are currently available from Alanna's website here for Australian buyers and retail for $7.99 each. 

For those who are not in Australia, there are also international distributers with Alanna Renee polishes available too and you can check them out by clicking here.

I have one more Alanna Renee polish to show you all that is not from the Magical World collection and I can't wait to post it! Until then, enjoy the rest of your week!



- - -
bloglovin' - twitter - instagram