Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Review: The Saem - Gem Miracle Black Pearl O2 Bubble Mask

Over the last year I've become a little obsessed with face masks and constantly find myself buying new ones to try - even if I don't necessarily need any new ones. In simple terms: I am a face mask hoarder.
I picked up this one when I was overseas at the beginning of the year and thought I should review it since I think it's pretty cool!


This mask dispenses a liquid/gel product at first, and after spreading it over your face it foams up and turns into a "bubble" mask. You pretty much get to see and feel the bubbles forming- which is pretty cool!



It takes a few minutes for the bubbles to completely form a layer of foam over your skin and after it reaches it's peak, the bubbles start to subside/die down and pop until most of them are gone. Again, you get to feel this happening on your face!

I find that you get a really nice, light tingling feeling when it bubbles on your face and this is something I really like as my skin feels fresher even before rinsing the mask off. The mask claims to "tighten pores, brighten skin, exfoliate, detoxify and remove impurities" and I can say that it does do each of those things to a small extent - however the effects are not majorly remarkable.

My face is slightly brighter and is a little tighter but the overall feeling I get after using this mask is a sense of cleanliness and smoothness. It's a similar feeling to cleansing my face. Because of this, I honestly don't think this bubble mask does as much for my skin in comparison to other clay masks or sheet masks I've tried and so I probably wouldn't buy this product again.


This mask was actually one of The Saem's best selling products in Korea and I guess my expectations were a little too high. I purchased this from a The Saem store in Hong Kong for around AU $27 for 100g. It's on the expensive side of Korean beauty products as they are usually a little more affordable. 

The main thing I like about this mask is how you get to feel the bubbling sensations on your face but as a product overall, I'd give it a rating of 3.5/5.

- - -

If there are any great face masks you've tried, I'd love to see your suggestions! Would gladly add a few to my growing collection, so drop a comment below! :)


- - -
bloglovin' - twitter - instagram